I’m delighted to welcome back Cathy Padian to take a peek inside her handbag. If you missed the Q&A on Monday, catch up here to get a glimpse behind the scenes of how she runs her beautiful accessories business, Alice’s Wonders. This inspiring woman sells vintage and contemporary inspired necklaces, earrings and bracelets, stylish scarves and clutch bags, at fabulously affordable prices. She’s a powerhouse that runs the business doing everything herself; from buying to photography, copy writing and social media to packaging and shipping.
But what does a super busy small business owner have in her pretty and practical Preston handbag from Fossil when she is on the go?
Over to Cathy to reveal all…
1. Purse; Fossil. Matches my bag; sometimes, just sometimes matchy-matchy is a good thing. I was actually given the purse first and loved it so much I bought the matching bag. Sometimes you just know it’s the right thing to do!
2. Selection of earrings and bracelets; Alice Wonders. I’m a huge believer in using jewellery to pull your look together, but sometimes I’m just in too much of a rush to put it on before leaving the house so I keep a few bits and pieces in my bag to upgrade my outfit easily.
3. Notebook and pencil. I adore this notebook, a lovely friend gave me it for my 40th and I carry it around everywhere. I’m forever planning social media posts, email campaigns or just having general thoughts and ideas and I find writing them down really helps me focus. I could just put them into my phone I suppose but I’m a bit old fashioned and love a notebook more.
4. Hair elastics; Alice’s Wonders. I always have a stash of these as I have hair that is frequently in need of taming – plus they double up as extra bracelets and look slightly more polished than a schoolgirl bobble!
5. Hand cream; Oliver Bonas. I can’t go out without hand cream, this one is OB, but I also love the l’Occitane Shea ones.
6. Mini perfume; Clinique Happy. Smelling nice keeps me happy!
7. Selection of lipsticks and lip balms; Kiki, Bobby Brown, Bare Minerals, MUA. Each of my handbags has about 10 lipsticks or lip balms in and they are all either clear or the same shade of reddish pink. I’m nothing if not predictable.
8. Prescription sunglasses; Toyshades. I am blind as a bat and hate squinting so sunglasses come everywhere with me, winter and summer alike. These from Toyshades were a total bargain at about £40 including prescription lenses.
9. Tote bag. I am determined never ever to buy a 5p plastic bag again so try and carry a canvas tote everywhere. I am trying to find a good stockist for Alice’s Wonders as I think they would make a great addition to the range.
10. Last but not least, chocolate coins – because you never know when a bit of chocolate might be needed in life!
Thank you so much Cathy, and Amen to the chocolate!
Here are the links if you’d like to get in touch with Cathy or treat yourself to one of her wearable wonders with 10% off until end March with the code Hello10.