On Monday I had the pleasure of chatting to Fran McElwaine from Prϋv Wellness, a woman who is clearly in love with her life and work. Fran is a holistic health specialist and helps clients to balance hormones, boost their immune system, manage weight and rediscover lost energy – plus lots more. You can see the post here if you missed it; Fran shares some fabulous insights from her own journey from corporate employment into going it alone.
Fran has been so kind as to join in our fun ‘What’s in Your Handbag?’ post today – I absolutely love these as I think they show an extra little bit of the personality behind our inspiring business woman!
Fran tells me that this gorgeous orange handbag is one she designed herself! As she’s quite fussy about hand bags and can usually never find one that has enough pockets, she had this one made and loves it. That’s my kind of action taking!
So Fran; what’s in your handbag?
I am on the go most of the time, so tend to carry a lot in my hand bag!
1. I never go anywhere without something healthy to eat on me. Usually fruit, nuts and seeds.
2. My notebook is my life saver! I am very dyslexic and need to write everything down and I also use my notebooks to brainstorm ideas and track conversations with my clients, so I always, always have one with me.
3. Self-care, gets to be increasingly important at my age! Hand-cream, lip balm – essential, never leave the house without them. I usually use the Clarins hand cream but am experimenting with this one from Dr Sebagh at the moment. Seems pretty good to me.
4. I also like to carry around a nice scent. Usually something quite fresh and I love the little handbag sized bottles from Jo Malone.
5. My powder compact from Clarins is brilliant. Take it everywhere. I actually took the time to get the colour properly matched and what a difference that makes! I find this really good for touch-ups and it just evens everything out without making you look weird.
6. I love the plain and simple nail files from Boots and am never without them.
7. Lippy, always a must. I’m trying to be brave and use nice bright colours, but I keep reverting back into my comfort zone and neutral tones like this one, also from Clarins.
8. Hair clip. I tend to put my hair up and down a lot, so need to have the tools with me!
9. Tissues, they always come in useful. Eating is often an emotional issue, and it is always good to have them with me for client consultations.
10. Driving glasses – old age again!
11. Water is essential. I drink a lot, never out of plastic bottles, and always have some with me.
12. Phone charger. I can’t count the number of times I have had to re-charge my phone while on the go and bitter experience has taught me to be prepared!
13. Pens! There are usually at least two scudding around somewhere in my bag.
14. Business cards, you never know who you’re going to meet.
15. I have a ridiculous superstition and always have red wallets because once upon a time someone told me they were lucky. This one is actually a bit too big and is complicated to manage, so I am on the hunt for a new one.
Thank you for being our inspiring business woman of the week Fran! I love your superstition in regards to red wallets, I have a similar thing with red shoes (for red shoes are magic shoes!) Keep an eye out for the wallets in our A/W collection you might like what we have planned… 😉
If you think you might be interested in balancing your own hormones, boosting energy or have immune system questions, take a peek at Fran’s website Pruv.co.uk and get in touch with Fran. She’s an absolute gem and would be happy to help you out. Here are some links so that you can find her on social media too!
I feel honoured to be able to interview to so many inspiring ladies, to learn from them, to peek inside their handbags (hurrah) and to introduce them to you; our growing tribe. I hope you’re enjoying the series as much as I am. I’ll have another inspirational business woman to introduce you to on Monday, next up is Artist and entrepreneur, Clare Haxby.
Until then, have a fantastic day!